Starbucks Card and My Starbucks Rewards program
1. Basic terminology
- Issuer: STARBUCKS Cards are issued by AmRest Coffee s.r.o., registered office at Evropská 2591/33E, Praha 6, 160 00, ID Number: 28167694, registered in commercial register maintained by Municipal Court in Prague, C 130118.
- Coordinator: 3e Kolczyński, Liżewski, Gędziorowski, Rostocki Spółka Jawna., registered office: ul. Podbipięty 51, 02-732 Warsaw, TIN No. 521-33-43-778, registered with the commercial court in Warsaw XX reg. no. NCR No. 0000235015.
- Card: the STARBUCKS Card, which enables the Buyer to make purchases at STARBUCKS cafes operated by the Issuer in the Czech Republic. The Card can be recharged at STARBUCKS cafes operated by the Issuer in the Czech Republic or after login via the customer's account, which is available on the Web site. Each Card has a unique 16-digit identification number and a 5-digit security code (PIN).
- Buyer: a person who purchases the Card from the Issuer for cash or with a payment card and uses it without Registration.
- Customer: a person who purchases the Card from the Issuer for cash or with a payment card and performs Registration of the Card on the Website or in Application.
- My Starbucks Rewards: the Issuer’s loyalty program that enables the purchase, Registration and use of Cards.
- Registration: the moment when the Buyer registers their Card on the Website or in Application.
- Registration data: data provided during Registration, i.e. the name, address, date of birth, gender and e-mail address.
- Website: means the website of the My Starbucks Rewards at www.card.starbuckscoffee.cz, which enables Registration, verification of Credit and number of Stars and Blocking.
- Customer Account: the Customer’s profile created by the Customer during Registration of the Card, which contains Registration data and information about Credit on the Card.
- Credit: the cash value that the Buyer charges to the Card. The total amount of Credit on the card can be used for purchases at STARBUCKS cafes operated by the Issuer in the Czech Republic. The Card (plastic carrier) is free.
- Transaction: any use of the Card, i.e. topping up of Credit or purchase of goods.
- Validity: Credit and Stars on the Card are valid for twelve (12) months from the last Transaction according to these General Terms. After the passing of 12 months without any Transaction using the Card, the Credit and Stars on the Card are forfeited to the Issuer.
- Blocking: invalidation or cancellation of the Card through the Website or Call Centre in compliance with these General Terms, e.g. in the case of its loss, theft or destruction.
- Call Centre: ensures customer support at + 420 235 013 335 on business days, i.e. from Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. The Call Centre provides information about the My Starbucks Rewards, performs Blocking, provides information about Credit.
- Star will be received by Customer every time he will pay with his registered Card and the value of this payment will be equal or above 25 CZK (incl. VAT). One purchase with the Card means 1 Star for a Customer. Purchase means a payment of one bill. Stars are valid for twelve (12) months from the last Transaction according to these General Terms.
- Free beverage is reward which will Customer get after collecting 10 Stars (10 purchases with a Card).
- Application means mobile application related to the Card allowing Customer Registration, access to Customer Account, Credit reload and purchase of goods.
2. General provisions
- The Card can be purchase only at any of the Issuer’s cafes in the Czech Republic. The Card can be used to make purchases at STARBUCKS cafes operated by the Issuer in the Czech Republic within the My Starbucks Rewards program.
- The Buyer pays the price for the Card corresponding to the nominal value of Credit.
- The Card may only be used at STARBUCKS cafes operated by the Issuer in the Czech Republic.
- The Card cannot be exchanged for cash (even in part) and cannot be returned to the Issuer.
- The Issuer is not liable for the loss or theft of the Card or its damage after it was purchased by the Buyer.
- In the case of loss, damage or theft of the Card and under the condition that Registration was performed, and under the condition of Registration of the Card, the Issuer will enable transferring the value of Credit at the moment of Blocking to a new Card (the Customer transfer the value of Credit through the Customer Account), which will be sent to the Customer by the Issuer via postal service to the address indicated in the Registration. The said procedure may be performed only once. If the situation is repeated, a new Card will be sent at the Customer’s expense.
- Confirmation of Card Blocking will be sent to the e-mail indicated in the Registration.
- The Credit on the Card is valid throughout the Validity, which is twelve (12) months from the last Transaction.
- If the Validity expires, even in the case of loss, damage or theft of the Card after the expiry of Validity, the Customer is not entitled to the sending of a new Card for free by the Issuer. A new Card may be purchased and Registration performed again.
- The Card is designated for personal use. It cannot be used commercially (resold, auctioned, etc.) without prior written consent from the Issuer or written agreement with the Issuer.
- Another Card cannot be purchased using the card (a Card cannot be purchased using the Credit on another Card).
3. Card registration, collecting Stars, Benefits
- The Card may be registered at the Website at www.starbuckscoffee.cz or in Application. During Registration, it is necessary to indicate the Registration Data (name, address, date of birth, e-mail address), which will be handled according to Act No. 101/2000 Coll., on the protection of personal data, as amended. The condition for registration of the Buyer to the My Starbucks Rewards program is the provision of consent to these General Terms and the processing of the Registration Data. Registration is not mandatory, but only registered Customers are authorized to enjoy the benefits related to the Card.
- Only one Registration can be performed and one Customer Account can be created for one Card. It is not possible to register several Cards together to one Customer Account.
- After the expiry of Validity, the Customer Account is automatically cancelled.
- After Registration of the Card, the Customer is authorized to enjoy the following benefits:
- Free Muffin following Registration,
- Drink Tall (size 354 ml) or Grande (size 473 ml) or Muffin (based on Customer´s choice) on Customer’s birthday,
- Free beverage after collecting 10 Stars the Customer is entitled to receive for free based on Customer´s choice one (1) Tall (size 354 ml) or Grande (size 473 ml) cold or hot drink, including drinks from special seasonal offer (i.e. Promo Offers) and also one topping (Wiped Cream, add Shot or Syrup) for free.
- Specials promo offers in STARBUCKS cafés operated by the Issuer in the Czech Republic or send by emails in random marketing campaigns.
- The benefits can be used only upon presentation of a voucher with a unique code (8-digit number) at the cash register of the STARBUCKS café in the Czech Republic, or other terms included in the special promo offers which will be sent to the Customer’s e-mail address indicated during Registration. To apply the benefits, simply state the voucher code (8-digit number) to the cashier or follow the guidelines included in the special promo offer The voucher need not be printed, presentation of QR Code included in voucher for scanning is sufficient (scanning might be done either from email, mobile device or paper). Registration is a condition for obtaining the benefits. Without Registration, none of these benefits can be claimed. The voucher cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The voucher validity is indicated on the voucher. The voucher cannot be used once the validity expires.
- Customer will get 1 Star every time he will be paying for a purchase with a registered Card and the value of this payment will be equal or above 25 CZK (incl. VAT). Purchase means a payment of one bill. After collecting of ten (10) Stars will be Customer entitled to receive voucher for Free drink. Voucher can be used in any STARBUCKS café in the Czech Republic. Customer is able to check number of his Stars trough his Account. The Issuer reserves the right to change the method of obtaining stars in individual promotions, the Customer will always be entitled to receive at least one Star for one purchase with a registered Card.
- Reward after collecting ten Stars is one (1) Tall (size 354 ml) or Grande (size 473 ml) cold or hot drink (based on Customer´s choice), including drinks from special seasonal offer (i.e. Promo Offers) and also one topping (Wiped Cream, add Shot or Syrup) for free. Any other additions (i.e. add-on) are not part of this reward.
- After collecting ten (10) Stars will Customer receive voucher with a unique code (8-digit number). This voucher will be sent to email address set during the Registration. To apply the Benefit, simply state the voucher code (8-digit number) to the cashier. The voucher need not to be printed, presentation of QR Code included in voucher for scanning is sufficient (might be done either from email, mobile device or paper). Validation of the voucher is one (1) month from receiving. In the moment of sending the voucher will be collected Stars automatically deleted and Customer will collect the Stars again from the zero.
- Stars are valid for twelve (12) months from the last Transaction according to these General Terms. After the passing of 12 months without any Transaction using the Card, all stars will expired (expiration of the Credit and Stars according Article 13, paragraph I. of these General Terms).
- Registration can be cancelled via the Customer Account. The Card can continue being used as unregistered.
- The Coordinator ensures the administration of Registration Data for the Issuer.
- The Customer has access to the Registration Data and the right to check and change them. If he/she revokes his/her consent to provision of the Registration Data, the Card will be Blocked.
- The Issuer does not guarantee permanent access to the Website and Application or its faultless operation.
4. Use of the Card, inquiries
- Only original Cards or Card’s QR code from the Application will be accepted by the Issuer.
- Credit must be topped up in order to use the Card. The minimal value of Credit that can be added to the Card is CZK 200, the maximal value of Credit on the Card cannot exceed CZK 5,000.
- The Card may be reloaded at the cash registers of STARBUCKS cafes operated by the Issuer in the Czech Republic or after login via the Customer's Account, which is available on the Website or via Application. Reload service on Website and via Application is provided by PayU SA with its registered office in Poznań (60-166), ul. Grunwaldzka 182.
- The Issuer may refuse to accept payment using the Card if:
- the Card’s Validity has expired;
- there is CZK zero (0) Credit on the Card;
- there are technical problems that disable use of the Card (e.g. impossibility of connecting to the Issuer’s IT system, physical damage to the Card or other problems not caused by the Issuer).
- Inquiries about the My Starbucks Rewards may be addressed to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Call Centre + 420 235 013 335.
5. Claims within the My Starbucks Rewards program
- Upon purchasing the Card, the Buyer will receive a receipt that serves as proof of purchase. Upon request, the Buyer will also receive confirmation of the nominal value of the card. After topping up the Card, the Issuer recommends that the Buyer check the correct value of the Credit.
- The Buyer may check the value of Credit at any STARBUCKS café operated by the Issuer in the Czech Republic at any time. Registered Customers can check the value of Credit through the Customer Account or Application.
- All claims concerning the purchase of goods using the Card will be solved by the Issuer within thirty (30) days from when the written complaint was received by the Issuer.
- Claims may be submitted in writing to any STARBUCKS café operated by the Issuer in the Czech Republic during their opening hours, via the internet at www.starbuckscoffee.cz or by mail to the address of the Issuer’s registered office with a note on the envelope stating “STARBUCKS Card – Complaint”.
6. Call Centre
- The Call Centre answers questions regarding the My Starbucks Rewards program, solves complaints and performs Card Blocking.
- The Call Centre is available at + 420 235 013 335 only on business days from Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
7. Exchange and/or replacement of goods
- The exchange and/or replacement of goods purchased using the Card is possible only at a STARBUCKS café operated by the Issuer and only by exchange of the goods for other goods of the same or higher value (assuming payment of the additional extra price).
- The goods may be exchanged only on the basis of a cash receipt confirming the purchase of goods using the Card at the STARBUCKS café operated by the Issuer in the Czech Republic.
- Application allows Registration and use of registered Card for purchase goods, checking the Credit amount, Credit reload and access to Customer Account. Blocking is not possible through the Application. Application is available on the AppStore and Google Play store.
- Each Card takes a form of unique QR code. For proceeding the Transactions Customer encloses mobile device with QR code displayed to the code reader available in all STARBUCKS stores operated by Issuer in Czech Republic.
- For a full-fledged use of the Application in the mobile device is must to own the Card in plastic carrier.
- It is not available to manage Customer Account or use Application functionality without having the Card in plastic carrier. After installation of the Application, Registration or Customer Account login is full-fledged use of the Application available now without the Card in plastic carrier.
9. Final provisions
- By purchasing a Card, the Buyer confirms that they have become familiar with these General Terms, fully understand and consent to them.
- The Card cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Issuing of the Card is not subject to value added tax (VAT) according to the respective valid regulations of the Czech Republic.
- All matters mot contained in these General Terms will be resolved by the respective regulations of the Czech Republic.
- These General Terms are available at www.starbuckscoffee.cz and at every STARBUCKS café operated by the Issuer in the Czech Republic during their opening hours. Upon request from the Buyer, the Issuer will provide a printed version of these General Terms. Customer will always be informed by email of all amendments to the General Terms.
- The Issuer reserves the right to supplement or amend these General Terms at any time. Any changes to the General Terms will be effective from their publication at www.starbuckscoffee.cz and at the STARBUCKS cafes operated by the Issuer in the Czech Republic, unless the Issuer designates otherwise. If the Customer does not cancel their Registration in the manner set out in these General Terms within 21 days after receipt of email message about amendments to the General Terms, it is understood that they consent to the new version of the General Terms and is bound by them.
- The Issuer reserves the right to terminate the My Starbucks Rewards at any time.
- Those General Terms are effective as of 03.08.2016
Prague on 04.08.2016