15th Ave Coffee & Tea
This store, located in Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood, is a unique expression of the coffeehouse experience that Starbucks offers. The store design is eclectic and raw, featuring locally sourced and reused materials. As a concept store, 15th Ave serves as a real-time, real-world exploratory environment for our designers. This neighborhood coffeehouse serves several varieties of whole bean coffee and Tazo® full-leaf tea, some of which are not widely available at other Starbucks locations. Locally sourced baked goods, ice cream, beer and wine are also available. And in the true spirit of a traditional coffeehouse, the café also features live musical entertainment and poetry readings.
Notable Store Elements
- The bar top and doors were repurposed from our University Village store prior to its remodel.
- The seating is reused and refinished, coming from a local theater and other Starbucks.
- The blackboard frames were made from wood reclaimed from shipping pallets.
- Other wood cladding came from a retired Pacific Northwest barn.
- The wood used for the community table comes from an old sailing vessel.
- Other tables were created using repurposed Belgian marble.
- A 20-foot-wide mural was created by a local artist.